Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Awkward Joba Chamberlain is Selling Me Coffee

Ricky Gervais is one of my comedy heroes. That being said, I feel a bit guilty that I've spent the last 6 months pouting about the fact that of the three shows he was doing in NYC, I managed to buy tickets to the only one that was the same day as the MLB All-Star Game. Apparently, I was deluded enough to think that I had a chance to get tickets to said game (which, now in the 13th inning, appears to be somewhat of a bust).

Anyway, Gervais was hilarious, brilliant, and a whole mess of other superlative adjectives. I can't really get into it now as I am needing sleep, but I have to share this. I had some time between the end of the show and my train home, so I found a Dunkin' Donuts and got an iced coffee. There, staring at me from the window of said Dunks (TM Nikki), was one Joba Chamberlain, in quite possibly one of the more awkward photos I've seen of him. So I started laughing uncontrollably (you know, it's not like I had spent the previous two hours laughing or anything) and said to my mom, "Oh look, awkward Joba Chamberlain is trying to sell me coffee." And this story is pretty lame. I think there was more to it at one point but alas... 

No comments: