Friday, August 31, 2007

The Boss

Bruce Springsteen's new single, "Radio Nowhere" is free on iTunes this week, which is pretty cool. What's not pretty cool is what iTunes lists as the most downloaded Springsteen songs.  As of 8/30 the top 5 songs are:
  1. Dancing In the Dark
  2. I'm On Fire
  3. Born to Run
  4. Glory Days
  5. Secret Garden
Three of them absolutely belong there.  One is questionable, but for the sake of argument, I'll buy it.  And then there is "Secret Garden."  Why why WHY is "Secret Garden" on this list?  I love Bruce, but that is not one of his better songs.  If I'm listening to the "Greatest Hits" album, I will scramble for the remote to prevent myself from being subject to it.  Not to mention the fact that when Jerry Maguire came out, WPLJ played that song with quotes from the film OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.  It's like a pavlovian response - I hear that song and think "Shut up.  Just shut up.  You had me at hello."  UGH.

But anyway, Bruce's new single is pretty good, and I'm psyched about seeing him on tour this fall.  It's pretty much the only thing I'm psyched about right now in my trainwreck of a life.

Michael Cera and the other boys from Superbad were on The Tonight Show.  Cera was so adorably awkward.  I love geeky boys.

No comments: