Monday, March 12, 2007

Let's Go to Prison... or not.

One of the perks of my internship is free DVDs. Basically, all the studio's new releases are delivered on Tuesday and the marketing department takes what they want, starting with the execs and ending with the interns if there is anything left by then. Last week, it was only Magnum, P.I., which I politely declined. This week... jackpot. In a way.

Let's Go to Prison.

I would not buy this movie. I even felt guilty putting the monthly cost of my Netflix subscription towards it. But free? I'll take it!

So I watched it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a waste of time, and after all, there is something alluring about a free DVD but... I think disappointed is the best word for it. After all, Bob Odenkirk + Will Arnett + a couple of Reno 911/The State writers seems like an awesome combination. But... it isn't. I definitely laughed, specifically at Will Arnett. Specifically at him singing "Move This." Oh dear lord can that man spin gold from straw. Hopefully Blades of Glory will end the string of bad movies he's made post-Arrested Development (although to be completely honest, I don't think it will), but even if it doesn't, he's sure to be the bright spot in it.

No comments: