Friday, February 29, 2008

You make me dizzy running circles in my head

I keep thinking about the crowd at the Foo Fighters concert and how it wasn't at all what I expected hoped. I mean, front row in the pit, and you've got a girl looking at pictures on her camera from meeting Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal after Rent, a couple that spent the entire show making out (much to my chagrin), two girls who couldn't stop talking about Fall Out Boy, a kid who said the only Queens of the Stone Age song he knew was the one in Guitar Hero, and a ten year old kid and his older brother. Ten! That means the kid WAS NOT EVEN ALIVE when The Colour and The Shape came out. I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my brain around that.

Actually, I didn't really have a problem with the ten year old so much as I did with the couple sucking face and the kid who didn't know anything about QOTSA. The ten year old just made me feel old, which, in turn made me think of the nerdy guys at the Bruce show back in October, and how my sister and I made them feel old. Circle of life, I guess. Or some shit like that.

Oh, I don't think my face is visible at all during the Fuse broadcast of the concert, which makes sense because the two times I remember looking at the cameras were during "This Is A Call" which didn't make it to air and another time when I was positive that the world's most irritating couple was making out and therefore completely blocking me out - and they did. But you can definitely see my arm raised in a salute to the rock* during "Breakout." I'm working on a screencap.

*I watched the Tenacious D movie twice while confined to the couch.

No comments: